There are a variety of things to do in the Cayman’s from scuba diving to shopping – you will find everything you are looking for here!
Drive 4 minutes to Rum Point for all the outdoor water activities you desire. Red Sail Sports www.redsail.com offers complete rentals for snorkel and dive gear. They can book both dive and and snorkeling trips. For the beginning diver, they offer a 4 hour course and you are ready for a shallow dive.
Apart from the water sports they offer catamaran cruises and stingray city tours. Cayman also offers deep-sea fishing, tennis, golf, horseback riding, and submarine trips. There are many activities listed in the guide to Cayman you will find in the house.
Here are a few of our favorite outings:
- Snorkel at Rum Point or for more challenging snorkeling try the public beach a 2 minute drive down Rum Point Dr.(on the way to Rum Point, not to be missed is the boat trip to Stingray City and go snorkeling on the reef.)
- We recommend a morning stroll through the beautiful Queen Elizabeth II Botanical Gardens
- Pedro’s Castle-one of the oldest homes on the island, restored and now filled with interesting things to do, including an exciting audio-video show, historical exhibits, gardens, a restaurant and a shop.
- George Town – not just for the duty free shopping! There is an interesting museum, a variety of restaurants, and take a ride on the Nautilus glass bottom boat. The children love it!
- Drive to the East End and check out the blow holes.
- Save an afternoon to visit the turtle farm.
- Smith cove is a beautiful place to go snorkeling and take a dip in the invitingly warm water.